Who is the course for?
This 2-hour webinar-based course is full of essential information to help you get a better understanding of the legalisation surrounding payroll. It’s perfect for new starters to Payroll, or those who want to have a refresher.
With the use of computerised payroll, businesses have become reliant on the software to help them be compliant with the rules and regulation surrounding payroll. However, this can cause concern when something unexpected happens and an employee asks that dreaded question: Why?
There are usually reasons why something is happening, and this course will help you get an understanding of the rules and basic legislation.
What will be covered?
- PAYE: A quick overview of PAYE
- Tax & National Insurance: Some background information on Tax & National Insurance. This includes what a tax code is used for and how it apples to the payroll software plus how to ensure you choose the correct National Insurance category
- Statutory Sick Pay (SSP): Covering the rules surrounding eligibility and the calculation of SSP
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP): Covering entitlement and the background to the calculation
- Recovery and Compensation: Explaining the amounts you may be entitled to recover from the HMRC including the threshold
- Processing starters and leavers: Best practice information about how to deal with starters and leavers
- Workplace Pension Reform: Covering the basic rules of workplace pension reform. Plus covering some of the obligations required by the employer
Please note: It is not specific to any software.
Get started now!
IRIS are the UK's trusted experts in payroll and HR legislation, and by choosing IRIS training, you can be, too! We've got a range of specialist courses which cover key topics such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), payroll legislation, auto enrolment and holiday pay. The courses are a mix of both venue-based and online-based to offer the greatest choice to you.