Introduction to IRIS GP Payroll
On Demand Webinar
Who is the course for?
This On Demand webinar is essential for anyone new to GP Payroll or anyone wanting a refresher of the features and functionality within GP Payroll. It will ensure you have a good grounding and understanding of not just the software, but legislation surrounding the most common payroll tasks like statutory payments such as SSP and SMP plus workplace pension reform.
What will be covered?
The course will be in three parts;
Part 1 will cover the how, and why within GP Payroll. We will not only show you how to do some of the common things within GP Payroll but explain the why.
GP Payroll Overview: A quick overview of the layout and conventions used within GP Payroll to familiarise yourself with the software
- Employees: People often misunderstand what you need to do with new employees & leavers and why the process is important
- Payments & Deductions: As well as having a number of standard payments & deductions, GP Payroll allows you to show separate items on the payslip
- Statutory Payments: We will cover the two most common statutory payments, SSP (Statutory Sick Pay) & SMP (Statutory Maternity Pay)
- Real Time Information: Real time information (RTI) was introduced in 2012, most employers know they need to do it but few understand why, when, and what to do if things go wrong
- Correcting Error’s: What to do if things go wrong, how to fix them and things to remember
Part 2 will cover Automatic Enrolment Legislation. Workplace pension reform (WPR) and automatic enrolment are not the same thing. Automatic enrolment is one of the most important parts of workplace pension reform.
- Background to Automatic Enrolment:
Automatic Enrolment and Workplace pension reform can be confusing but
is a legal requirement, we will talk you though some of the legislation
and the day-to-day processing including
- Background to Workplace Pension Reform
- Qualifying Earnings
- Processing correspondence with IRIS OpenEnrol ™
- Pension Contributions
- Opt in/Opt out process
Part 3 will give you a summary and useful tips and tricks to maximise your use of the software.
IRIS are the UK's trusted experts in payroll and HR legislation, and by choosing IRIS training, you can be, too! We've got a range of specialist courses which cover key topics such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), payroll legislation, auto enrolment and holiday pay. The courses are a mix of both venue-based and online-based to offer the greatest choice to you.